Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How about posting some pics of what you're creating??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Hale View Post
    Do you have any words of wisdom that you would mind departing with? I bought my fiber laser just to do stippling
    Ive been to scared to try it yet!
    Not really... I am new to this as well..I bought my laser in January and just when I think I have it figured out it does something I was not expecting..I started out with Inkscape but found Corel to be a better program for me. I had some old Glock frames to practice on but you can get them fairly cheap online. I find them new for around $50. I have tried many settings and keep a log because every pattern seems to burn different. There are some companies that have classes for this kind of thing but Im cheap and like to do things the hard I am learning on my own, lots of trial and error and reading posts on sites like this...Im no expert thats for sure but have made a lot of progress since I started...Good Luck

Few things that have passed through...
    Darren Wilson

Tool Control Solutions

Gerber Syst. 48 CNC Router
    Epilog 36EXT
    MAX MPS-20 Galvo 20w MOPA Fiber

Christchurch, New Zealand (shakey town)
    20180308_122322.jpgWe were asked to reproduce a brass plate for a church that was lost after the 2011
    earthquakes, they only found 3 in storage so we worked from a 50 year old photo, great result
    almost cant tell the difference between the 4, our one is top right
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Fusion 40 75W, Tekcel Router, Taylor Hobson Model D & K
    Roland SP300, Dalgren 2516i

That's impressive work. Thanks for posting.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Evolis Card Printer
    CorelDraw X5

Nice Vic! 'Real' engraving AND good repro work

Just came across this pic, did this a couple of years ago for a guy, he wanted Kiss on his magwell, I'm still surprised how well it turned out--
    Customer made it, I sent it out to be clear anodized, did the etch with the LS900 C02, black Rub 'n Buff provided the color...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 03-14-2018 at 12:52 AM.