Thread: Age of Performax 16/32 Model: 629G01? Good Buy for $500?

Age of Performax 16/32 Model: 629G01? Good Buy for $500?

Hi All,

Locally there's a 16/32 performanx model 629G01 and seller wants $700 which seems really high. I can't tell how old this model is but guessing it's at least 10 years old and maybe even a 1995 model.

Any ideas? Includes stand on casters and some paper. I don't believe it has the sandsmart.

I didn’t find much googling the model number, and without pics it’s hard to tell, but IIRC the main change over the years is the dust collection port went from 2.5” to 4”.

If it has the 4in dust port and the sand smart feature I think it's a good deal at $500 provided it's in good shape

Why pay $700 for an approximately 10 year old machine when yu can buy a new SuperMax with more features for $999 from Woodcraft and Rockler now until towards the end of the month. Just my two cents worth. As Cary stated, maybe $500 if its in good shape.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Checked pic, has 2" dust port. So it's an older machine. I'll look at the woodcraft deal. I'll offer $400 and see what he says. Seller added a link to Jet's website for price comparison hahaha!

There are lots of threads on older Performax Sanders here. A couple things I noticed on looking: older models have a 1hp motor vs 1.5hp of later models. No sand smart on older models, and the new ones have some Kind of table leveling screw. I think the change to the newer breed was in the mid ‘90’s, so that machine is like over 20 years old. $400 would be pushing it in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    $400 would be pushing it in my book.
    I agree about the $400 being over what I would consider my limit for the machine. I have the newer 16-32 Supermax and the 4" dust port leaves no dust in the shop when hooked up to my Cflux3. Also the Intellisand feature on the new models works terrific, at least for me. Dial in the feed rate until the light just barely flickers and I am sanding at optimal condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eure View Post
    Why pay $700 for an approximately 10 year old machine when you can buy a new SuperMax with more features for $999 from Woodcraft and Rockler now until towards the end of the month. Just my two cents worth. As Cary stated, maybe $500 if its in good shape.
    I agree with Steve. If no smart sand, pass and get the SuperMax.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.