Thread: Veneer Cutting Jig

Veneer Cutting Jig

I got tired of storing my router jig for cutting veneers, and my other jig for the slider was a tank to handle. I decided to update the design to something more convenient and I thought I would share a few pics in case it helps someone else. There is a commercial version of this available, but they start at around $800. I have less than $100 into this. It could easily be modified to work on a table saw using the t-slot groove, but the hold down clamps would need to be modified and the size would need to be changed. I may add some tape scales, and a different clamp system in the future but it worked perfectly.

Overall Jig Picture. Top part of jig rotates up to insert veneers, and air clamps hold it down rigid for cutting. Many different options for the air clamps. I can cut veneers length wise up to 20" wide with this jig, and crosscut whatever length I want so long as the veneer fits between the arms.
    Veneer-JIG-01.jpg

Close up of cut quality. Perfect cut, no chips or tears and made the layup very easy.
    Veneer-JIG-02.jpg
    Last edited by Brad Shipton; 02-21-2018 at 8:04 PM.