Thread: Raptor Tool Set-Up Jig...

Raptor Tool Set-Up Jig...

Does anyone know if there is a Raptor-like set-up jig to set a grinding table to 20 degrees in order to form a 40 degree included angle on a skew? thanks...John

Woodworkers Emporium has the Stuart Batty angle gauges. Think it's the #1 gauge that has a 20 degree increment.
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

David...Thank you for the reply. I've just looked at the Batty gauges and they certainly look like premium gauges, I'm partial to my milled aluminum tools. But I've also just found Ron Brown's Best web page and it looks like he has a heavy plastic gauge that will meet all my needs for $20. If you've not seen it before I recommend you check it out. I submitted a question to him about his set-up blocks working on my Vari-Grind 2 jig and he responded in the affirmative in less than two hours...even offerred to send them to me for 'free' to demo and that I can pay later if I liked them. Can't beat that kind of customer service...

I wouldnt worry about getting the exacmt angle. Its simply not that critical. You can buy a metal angle gauge at Lowes really inexpensive. Grind your skew, check it and grind again. Then make yourself a set up gauge out of 1/4" plywood to.set your grinder table.

Why don't you just add one of Robo's rests?
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .