Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Source for 6" Metal duct work and fittings

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Curtis View Post
    The prices look much better at kencraft than I was looking at elsewhere. I would even be able to drive to them and save on shipping.
    Careful with going to Kencraft in-person, lots of other items to spend your money on.....

thanks for the help. I may have to take a road trip soon.

Do different brands of snaplock fit the same? Can i interchange brands?

Do different brands of snaplock fit the same? Can i interchange brands?
    Yes you can. The "snap lock" part along the length is merely how you make it round from flat. The ends are whatever diameter you chose.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'd recommend an inexpensive crimping tool if you're going the snap lock route.

Can also order everything you need from Oneida. Did my whole shop through them.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Spiral Manufacturing - spiral pipe, stock fittings, and custom manifolds built to you specs!

Tom Wassack
    Asheboro, NC

Spiral is the way to go. HVAC companies can order it and since they have trucks delivering almost every day you can avoid the shipping. There are also companies that ship direct. If going with CV, at least 7" is the size you want for the main. Not much different in price and adds significant CFM from the system. Dave

I just recently discovered the rubber tape for ductwork, and so far, like it a lot more than the foil. For one, it can't cut you severely like the foil can (ask me how I know). It's also just easier to work with, like thick/wide electrical tape. Give it just a bit of stretch as you wind it around from the roll and it sticks perfectly.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Christy-s-2...s-Tape/3433996

I discovered it by accident. I found some 6" pipe at a great price that had been removed from a woodworking shop. The tape was holding it all together, yet was easy to remove with no residue despite being over ten years old (age of the shop).

What is the benefit to spiral vs snaplock? Spiral seems more expensive and harder to make shorter if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    If going with CV, at least 7" is the size you want for the main. Not much different in price and adds significant CFM from the system. Dave
    The intake of the clearvue 1800 is 6". Why would I want 7"?. My main run will be about 15'.

What is the benefit to spiral vs snaplock? Spiral seems more expensive and harder to make shorter if needed.
    Spiral is nice and round out of the box, no wrestling around with to assemble. Both work sufficiently though.