Thread: New vBulletin 4.2.5?

New vBulletin 4.2.5?

Is this the new version that has been planned? If so, I have a few navigation suggestions.

Thanks
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

I thought we werent upgrading? Going to Xenforo?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Not sure how I got there but the different version that appeared was more difficult to navigate. Finally saw the Full Site button at the bottom of the Forum directory page which returned me to the this interface. Not sure I have ever gone that far down the page before.

Blog Entries
    We have not upgraded software. There was a recent link in one post that took you to a page that was formatted for mobile. When you followed the link, it would change your default viewing setting. If I could find that link again, I would fix it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

David, we are moving off vBulletin and onto Xenforo once some additional technical things are worked out by our administrators.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Thanks for the replies. I wish I could remember how I got there.

Well, it has happened again. The forum display changed (to mobile app version?) after I used the search function on the general forum page. I logged off and then logged back in and the altered version persisted. Lee, let me know if you need additional information to find the bug.

Thanks
    Davi

Blog Entries
    No more information is needed, it does the same thing for me using the regular search, which takes me to google. Apparently it has to do with google because if you use the advanced search it doesn't switch to mobile version. I use Windows 10 an Firefox.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute