Thread: Another "How much should I see it for" thread. (Festool)

Another "How much should I see it for" thread. (Festool)

I have a Festool TS55EQ.
    I bought it some years ago when they were ~ $450/$495 - I can't recall. Mine came with a 55" rail. I bought a 42" rail with it also.

I just bought one of the Makita track saw deals from Home Depot.

If the Makita works out, I'll probably sell the Festool - just the saw though, not the tracks or clamps or Oshlun blades for it.

New TS55's run $560 - without rails. With a 55" rail, the saw/rail runs $560.

It's really difficult to find used Festool products so - I don't really have anything to go on as far as asking price.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Not sure what reasonable is, but I saw a similar one on Craigslist a week ago.
    "Festool TS 75 EQ-PLUS USA track circular saw (Maili) $650"
    Includes 1 55" track and 1 75" track
    The posting is deleted, I assume it was sold.

See it for, sell it for, better yet give it away I can pick it up tomorrow.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

One for sale now in Richmond KY for $500 with an extra blade. On Craigslist.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

I wouldn't pay any more than $250 without a rail. A 55" rail is in the $150 range, bought separately. A blade sharpening is another $20
    . So anything more would be putting me in the " just buy a new one" range.

75% of new is average for out of warranty festool's.

It really depends on the tool and the market. I’ve seen old used dominos and track saws go for more than their original purchase price and I’ve seen drills in good condition go for $75.

eBay is a good bellweather for recent price activity. I recently auctioned off a drill that didn’t sell locally for double my asking price, and I live in a big city with a major festool presence.

Some festool customers seem to be a P.T. Barnum’s dream come true with some of the prices they’re willing to pay for used gear.

Just remember to use the advanced search on eBay so you can find the Sold For Prices, and not the asking prices that may never sell. A quick look and it appears $300-400; I didn’t check for included rails.

Thanks Matt!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

have you been to the Festool North America facebook group? lots of folks selling and buying there
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe