Thread: Hoping For An Early Spring

Blog Entries

Hoping For An Early Spring

Until looking out the window this morning:

Feb 18, 2018 Snow Falling.jpg

At least the weather sites let me know it was going to be cold so any of the early risers in the flower beds were covered with hay.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Same wish here. Was in the 60s end of the week; dropped to the 30s for Saturday's snow, is 41ºF right now on Sunday afternoon and will be in the 70s Wed and Thursday of this week. Crazy weather. And that darn groundhog didn't help...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

We had an early spring - followed by an early summer followed by what is now an early autumn. I was looking forward to ripe tomatoes but we seem to be heading for green tomato pickles again... Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

I have tons of flowers peaking up already and my lilacs are showing signs of life. If we get another cold snap they are all going to get their noses nipped yet again.....

Around here we had 60's then the next day 6 inches of snow.

Our normal high is about 40 degrees but we have been having a roller coaster of high temps these past ten days. Had days in the 60's followed by snow the next, and warm again the day after that. Expecting highs of 70 today and tomorrow, a drop to normal and then 50's and 60's for the weekend. Last time we had such a wacko weather spell, we had a last blizzard and lost a bunch of new born lambs in late March.

We are supposed to hit the 70s today and tomorrow, breaking records...
    --

Blog Entries
    Spring has arrived in Galveston County Texas.
    I just completed my morning walk in shirt short shirt sleeves. It is a 72 degree, overcast day. I walked .92 miles, 2,165 steps in 22 minutes.

Hey, you old dogs, if you re not walking, see this site.
    https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...m_appfocus1_cr

75 here at the moment, sunny, getting warmer by the hour. Unseasonably warm, tee shirt weather. Flower blooming everywhere, buds on the blueberries and many of the trees. Grass is growing like crazy after all the rain.

I do remember snow here in May so I won't be surprised if it gets cold again.

JKJ

Blog Entries
    It is snowing again here. The forecast is for as much as 3" in some areas.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

We did hit the 70ºF mark here today...and expect slightly higher tomorrow. Both days may be records for February.
    --

Blog Entries
    We finally hit Winter here. Yesterday blowing 35 mph off the ocean and a high of 59. Today it was 38 degrees at our house. That’s about as low as I have ever seen here. Our thin California blood is ill-prepared for this. I moved from the midwest to avoid this when I was young.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Heck were not even to the "Hoping" stage yet. Had 5 inches of snow last night on top of the 8-10 we already had on the ground. Down to minus 5 tonight and tomorrow with 3 more inches of snow on Thursday. But it's nice to hear all your stories.

Blog Entries
    Turns out we live in one of the areas were the forecast got it right on the nose.

jtk