Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will a 2HP dust collector, handle a 15" wide belt sander?

Quote Originally Posted by dirk martin View Post
    Makes no sense to me, when we are doing just fantastic with our 1hp DC, on our 15" wide belt.
    We just get a tiny bit of dust coming off the conveyor.
    Dick are you measuring the dust levels in the shop to see how good that 1hp DC is at collecting the fine dust that is not easily seen and causes the health issues? Lots of people have the Dylos meters to measure their dust levels. If you want to make one for less money (under $100) there is a thread on it in another forum. If you want a link PM me. Just because you aren't picking big boogers doesn't mean you are safe.

It is one thing to have a high volume extractor hooked up to a machine but the real problem can be that the machine design does not allow maximum air flow because of internal restrictions and port size.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    Dick are you measuring the dust levels in the shop to see how good that 1hp DC is at collecting the fine dust that is not easily seen and causes the health issues? Lots of people have the Dylos meters to measure their dust levels. If you want to make one for less money (under $100) there is a thread on it in another forum. If you want a link PM me. Just because you aren't picking big boogers doesn't mean you are safe.

I am not measuring with a meter.
    FYI, we also have a couple of ceiling hanging filter units, to assist....just in case.