Thread: Shop floor

Shop floor

I swept the floor after stock prep, this is from the joinery. It still gets pretty deep.

shopFloorCleanUp180216dscf2391.jpg

I swept most of it up, cleaned off the bench tops, and put the tools back where they belonged while I enjoyed my evening whisky. I'm ready for the next project.

BTW, life is pretty good.

ken

Good job Ken. It is always good to take a break after a great project is completed. I don't do the whiskey part, but do enjoy sitting on the porch of my shop and smiling a little at the project I've just finished. Resting is part of the job. Good fortune on your next project.
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tilson View Post
    Good job Ken. It is always good to take a break after a great project is completed. I don't do the whiskey part, but do enjoy sitting on the porch of my shop and smiling a little at the project I've just finished. Resting is part of the job. Good fortune on your next project.

Joe,

I know the feeling. Back when I built bigger projects like out buildings, shops and garages the best part was after the tools were put away was just sitting and looking, knowing "I built that".

ken

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tilson View Post
    Agreed. Good job Ken and a well earned rest. I don't drink but I can do the same thing with a Pepsi (my poison of choice).

Since retiring January first life is good. Money is short though. Still trying to figure out how to raise money for a SawStop PCS.

I'm with ya Ken, You reach a point where a step is finished, grab the broom and dustpan and marvel at how much you've accomplished and the mess you've made. Although my preference is Sailor Jerry rum, it's a well-earned reward.

This is the top of our buffet, 147" long by 23", QSWO, 4 boards all flattened and jointed by hand.

0112161611a_HDR.jpg
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

6. Hello Ken,

Nice bench there, nice pile of shavings, and my drink of choice is a strong coffee.