Thread: Bucket Head Vacuum

Bucket Head Vacuum

Anyone use one of these? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bucket-H...0100/202017218

I am thinking of buying one of these to mount on the wall next to my drill press. My DC is usually on the other side of the shop and I end up just using my shop vac anyway to clean up the drill shavings/dust. Thoughts?

Outside of the noise, I can see that would be a convenient machine to use at a DP.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Loud as heck, but they do a good job picking up smaller sized messes. I used to use to vacuum the car and had it around my lathe but never got back from my parents, before they moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    Loud as heck, but they do a good job picking up smaller sized messes. I used to use to vacuum the car and had it around my lathe but never got back from my parents, before they moved.
    Any louder than a normal sized shop vac?

5. The bucket head vac is actually quiter than my other shopvac. However, it does not have near as much suction. It would probably work just fine for a drill press.

I've had two of them and they both died after a year or so.

I use one of these https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-Vacu.../dp/B00FVZ91D6 hooked up to a flexible shaft sander. It's a lot more powerful than the orange version, pretty much equivalent to a full size shop vac. Of course it cost more too. It takes the same fittings as the full size vacuums also.

I am a Ridgid fan boy when it comes to vacuums for the shop. I have 4 on the go in my shop. Warranty can't be beat, and they are far more powerful than any other I have tried, including ShopVac. In fact, they blow the branded products out of the water. I am in Canada. My 6.5hp brute dies on me after about 5 years of operation. Contacted Ridgid, sent them some photos, and two weeks later I had a new unit. Old one went to the curb next pick up day. They are a lot quieter than the competitors as well.
    Best in class, all classes. Great customer service. Great warranty.
    Mike