I currently do not have a shop; I have an outdoor bench in the back yard, and the majority of work is done there.
I have a 10'x12' metal storage shed, that is high enough to stand and walk upright in. I plan to erect it in the spring/summer, and move my bench in there, and buy one or two of the freestanding worklights like these below to use for lighting. Cheap, but should be effective. Very little cash to work with(I know that's relative, but in my case, think very small).
https://www.harborfreight.com/fixed-...ght-61540.html
It will for the time being be a dirt floor. Just a shed to basically provide cover for my bench and so I'm not caught in rain showers, etc. Had that happen a few times this past summer/fall. Me no likey, especially on my planes, chisels, and laptop/camera.
I currently store my tools in my home, but was wondering whether placing them in the shed was a recipe for rust and disaster, or if they would fare well.
My other solution is to build a tote to carry from the house to the shop outside, which, minus the tote, is what I am doing now.
As an aside, the area I'm in is prone to black widow spiders. Found a nice one on my bench earlier last year, and have had problems with the storage shed we already have up in back.
Would like recommendations on a way to maybe keep them out of the workshop as well, if anyone has dealt with it before.
Thanks.