Thread: Oneida Cyclone Filter

Oneida Cyclone Filter

Need to replace filter on 2HP Oneida Commercial Cyclone. Any place other than Oneida that sells them?

Recent thread on the same subject:

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ecommendations

If I ever needed to replace mine (identical unit - 2hp Commercial) I'd likely buy it from Oneida, personally.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim,
    Is it worth the extra money for their HEPA filter? Also, do you know the difference between an air purifier and an air filter? I definitely need to do more than having just the cyclone.
    Thanks,
    Ed

I haven't looked into that level of filtration myself, Ed. My cyclone is also in a sound-deadened closet with a folded return duct, so less of any fines that might escape from the filter on my unit likely get back into the shop. Looking at the specs for the 13" diameter filters on the Oneida site, the "regular" unit captures 99.x% of .02-2 micron and the HEPA version captures 99.x% of .03 micron. The HEPA clearly has better and more consistent filtration, albeit at about double the cost. If your health situation points you toward that, I'm sure that the extra investment is worth it. Even with what I wrote about my system above, if I were going to replace my cartridge, I'd likely opt for the better filtration, especially now that I'm spending almost full time hours in my shop post-retirement and starting more of a business approach to my woodworking.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...