Thread: Finally back on SMC

Finally back on SMC

Took a lot of Work by John K Jordan and the administrators to solve the problem of why I could never log in but apparently it now works. Looking forward to being back in this community. For those who don't know me I've been turning for about 35 years and turn a little bit of everything. I am trying to pass on my knowledge by writing for all the turning magazines. I'm also doing a stint as As the Expert for the AAW Fundamentals online magazine. If your not a member of the AAW you should consider it. You not only get the by monthly magazine and access to all the back issues, you get Woodturning fundamentals online magazine bi monthly. They have a new editor for this magazine. John Kelsey who used to edit Fine Woodworking is the new editor this year so there should be some exciting things happening. I have already been working with him on answering some very fundamental questions that most new turners will as "how do you measure tool angles", what's the difference between a push cut and pull cut, What is open flute, closed flute, etc. I think he is really going to move this magazine forward. I also have some older videos on you tube. I hope to add some new ones this year. If you go to youtube and type in john60lucas it will bring them up. Most are short very informative videos on how to use certain tools especially the Hunter Carbide tools. Looking forward to trying to help out here. And yea I'm still learning so I'm looking forward to asking questions as well.

Well, welcome back.

Hi John and Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

4. Welcome to the "Creek" John!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Welcome back, Mr. Kotter. Maybe you can post some of your DIY tool making threads?
    Maker of Fine Kindling, and small metal chips on the floor.
    Embellishments to the Stars - or wannabees.

Welcome back John! Looks like you are not to far from me here in McMinnville.
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Matheny View Post
    Welcome back John! Looks like you are not to far from me here in McMinnville.
    Yea, I'm glad it's working!!

Hey, Sid, do you go to a turning club? It looks like the Crossville club is only about an hour from McMinnville. The next meeting is the last Wednesday of the month. I suspect both Sir Lucas and I will be there and a number of good folks. I guess I better make it, I'm scheduled to do the demo this month! (small squarish dished platters)

JKJ

Hi John, another Tennessean here! Glad to see you here on the Creek.
    I look forward to learning from ya.
    Loved your shop tour BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Yea, I'm glad it's working!!

Hey, Sid, do you go to a turning club? It looks like the Crossville club is only about an hour from McMinnville. The next meeting is the last Wednesday of the month. I suspect both Sir Lucas and I will be there and a number of good folks. I guess I better make it, I'm scheduled to do the demo this month! (small squarish dished platters)

JKJ
    No I have never been to the turning club in Crossville and only belong to a WW club that meets at the UT Space Institute near Estill Springs.
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

Sid. We have a club in Cookeville that meets at the High school. I live in Bon Air about 10 miles on the other side of Sparta from you

Great to have you and your skill and knowledge around.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Good to see you here John. Our club had the pleasure of a demo by John. His skill and work is outstanding, just like John.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.