Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In The Short Rows

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McDermott View Post
    No need to baby that piece. Nice and stout! Your choice of an oil finish makes everyone more comfortable using it as the landing pad when carrying things in from the car. I think that will become a regular part of your every day life. Great work on a utilitarian piece, that is better because it is made from leftovers, that is better still because it is beautiful. It would be interesting to see the maple top after 50 years of use.
    Thanks Bill,

I wouldn't mind (I think) being around in 50 years to see it . But there is not much chance, now the kids should be able to unless they junk it. The good news on that front is the girl child keeps asking for things to be made so maybe it's possible.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    I could have helped carry it in, tested for dangerous off-gassing, and certified it fit-for-purpose. And yes, the cart is lovely, too.
    Malcolm,

I did a complete testing, including the swirl, smell, and color test before the most important taste test. It passed all but I needed to repeat the last to be sure.

As the postcards of old would say "Wish you were here" or was it "The sun has riz and the sun has set and here we is in Texas yet", I always get those two confused.

ken

Blog Entries
    Ken,

Thanks for sharing your work/pictures. I'm sure MsBubba must be very pleased with the final product!

Anyone that enjoys Lagavulin, is okay in my book! IMHO your endorsement of one of the finest single malts I personally appreciate, make your design choices beyond repute.

Thanks again for sharing your work and the pics.

All the best, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Allen1010 View Post
    Ken,

Thanks for sharing your work/pictures. I'm sure MsBubba must be very pleased with the final product!

Anyone that enjoys Lagavulin, is okay in my book! IMHO your endorsement of one of the finest single malts I personally appreciate, make your design choices beyond repute.

Thanks again for sharing your work and the pics.

All the best, Mike
    Thanks Mike,

I've round heels when it comes to Islay Whisky. I've yet to find one I didn't like, some more than others but.....

ken

Lagavulin, Ardbeg and Laphroig.

I don't drink much anymore, but that is about all I do drink. Once you've had em, sorta ruins other Scotch for you if Islay is your cup o' tea. (I wish it were different, might end up being a bit less expensive if I could find other Islays that measured up. . .)
    Making furniture teaches us new ways to remove splinters.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Evans View Post
    Lagavulin, Ardbeg and Laphroig.

I don't drink much anymore, but that is about all I do drink. Once you've had em, sorta ruins other Scotch for you if Islay is your cup o' tea. (I wish it were different, might end up being a bit less expensive if I could find other Islays that measured up. . .)
    Matt,

Ain't that the truth,

ken