Thread: Amazon, When they start this?

Amazon, When they start this?

I placed an order with Amazon on Feb 3rd. 4 items in total.
    One of the items is a CD that is not released till the middle of March. All the other 3 items value is enough for free shipping. I am not a Prime member.
    They are holding my total order till next month so it can all be shipped at once.
    I don't ever remember them doing this before. Was expecting my order of 3 items then, receiving the CD on the release date.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Sometimes there's a little toggle box that lets you choose between "combine my shipments" or "send everything separately," or something like that. If you don't notice it during checkout you get to wait.

Call Amazon Customer Service and see if they will do something for you to free up the rest of your order. They did that for me once when I didn't realize one item was going to be back ordered.

It seems like non-Prime members get "special" treatment lately. Many of my orders sit for a week before they ship them because I am not a Prime member.

Maybe you can cancel the order and re-order just the 3 items that are in stock.
    Steve

As others have noted, there's a check box to control this behavior (which I believe also turns off free shipping).

Used to be that disparate shipments wouldn't hold things up, but Amazon has made a major push to develop their own shipping infrastructure (in-between warehouses), and with the improvements in that, it's more likely that a shipment will be held up until all the items in an order can be collected at a single warehouse to be put in a single box.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Peterson View Post
    It seems like non-Prime members get "special" treatment lately. Many of my orders sit for a week before they ship them because I am not a Prime member.

Maybe you can cancel the order and re-order just the 3 items that are in stock.
    yup. Cancel and reorder.

Just call them. Amazon has pretty great CS.

They've done it forever. If you qualify for non-Prime free shipping and don't pay for shipping things separately, you have to wait until it can all ship at the same time. Why would they ship two things for free unless each of them qualify for free shipping?

That happened to me before I started paying for Prime when one item was out of stock. Maybe they were afraid I'd cancel the delayed one and cheat them out of their due.

JKJ