7 inch outside diameter with a 5 inch diameter picture. I am having trouble trying to figure out how to mount the piece for turning. I mounted a 4/4 mahogany(I thought) plank on the worm screw mounted in the chuck and turned the outer rim and face. I hollowed out the center (except for a half inch around the worm screw) and removed all but about 3/16 of the center. leaving the face almost complete and the back unturned. Am I right in figuring to use the cole jaws to mount the piece to cut out the interior and finish the "mortise/tennon/spigot" for the glass and picture?

When I started, I thought I had a nice piece of reddish mahogany, probably Honduran. (I got it as a cut off from a casket company almost thirty years ago.) Now that the face is sanded down to 400 grit, it is more of a honey golden color instead of red. It does have some really nice, hate to use this word for the first time,,,,, chatoyance. (can't think of another word that fits) Where I cut the plank with the table saw, the wood was indeed reddish brown. that red has disappeared.