Thread: Container for water based stain/sanding sealer/GF high performance

Container for water based stain/sanding sealer/GF high performance

I have seen different way of storing my wood finishing product but I am not sure which one is the best. I know that my can get rusted and then I need to use filters to move the paint to a different container. I hate that. Suggestion? is it plastic container (like soup container with tight lid) or glass mason jars best? Thanks

You can buy plastic quart and gallon paint cans. Look on Amazon. They aren't cheap but should last nearly forever. Target Coatings supplies their products in plastic cans, too.

John

3. Ask others who use waterborne finishes if they'll give you a few of their empty plastic pails, and use them.

Quote Originally Posted by laura vianello View Post
    I have seen different way of storing my wood finishing product but I am not sure which one is the best. I know that my can get rusted and then I need to use filters to move the paint to a different container. I hate that. Suggestion? is it plastic container (like soup container with tight lid) or glass mason jars best? Thanks
    Mason jars are great in terms of both integrity/sealing and their ability to handle a wide range of chemicals. I sometimes use these when oxygen is a concern, though they're expensive and incompatible with some solvents.
    Last edited by Patrick Chase; 03-03-2018 at 7:20 PM.