Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't get my computer to recognize Chinese 50W laser

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    The posts I tire of more than that are the one admonishing people for not acknowledging an answer and the ones constantly telling people to contribute $. We are all adults here, no need for a mother-hen to peck away.
    Yeah Gary we are all adults here, If you come in and ask a question common adult manners would be to come back and say thank you. It may also help others with the same problem, and that would also be an adult thing not adolescent . Would you not agree?

Or if your running a business and asking questions to help your business, would $6 a year be to much to pay? Would you not agree?
    Last edited by Bill George; 03-16-2018 at 1:27 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Yeah Gary we are all adults here, If you come in and ask a question common adult manners would be to come back and say thank you. Would you not agree? Or if your running a business and asking questions to help your business, would $6 a year be to much to pay? Would you not agree?

My point

your head

Thank you, Kev. I tried loading the driver again with no luck. I have several USB ports on my computer, so I will try each one until hopefully I see a result.

John the way my laser is configured the USB interface (computer to laser) is USB interface in lower USB port and thumb drive USB into the top port. I will double check my RDworks configuration for communication by USB. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am using the USB cable that came with the laser. My USB interface port is outside of the cabinet.

Cody, I bought it on eBay from Guangzhou Amonstar Trading Co., Limited. Stay away from them. The eBay trading name is igoodmart2011 (13136 )

Clark, I hadn't tried to use USB port 3. Good suggestion. I will try it.

To Bill George and Gary Hair. I am deeply disappointed in the rudeness and pettiness in today's society. I am a 100% disabled veteran who served in the U.S. Marine Corps for 20+ years. I served in Viet Nam and was rewarded with the deadly effects of Agent Orange. My main takeaway from the deadly effects of Agent Orange is a compromised heart. Shortly after my initial posting asking for help on the 50W laser I suffered (another) heart attack and mini strokes. So I spent March and April undergoing physical therapy to recover from the effects of the mini strokes. I'm sorry I offended you with my lack of response to your posts. You have never walked in my boots, so please don't be critical until you have all the facts.
    Phillip, Captain, USMC-Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Rivera View Post
    To Bill George and Gary Hair. I am deeply disappointed in the rudeness and pettiness in today's society. I am a 100% disabled veteran who served in the U.S. Marine Corps for 20+ years. I served in Viet Nam and was rewarded with the deadly effects of Agent Orange. My main takeaway from the deadly effects of Agent Orange is a compromised heart. Shortly after my initial posting asking for help on the 50W laser I suffered (another) heart attack and mini strokes. So I spent March and April undergoing physical therapy to recover from the effects of the mini strokes. I'm sorry I offended you with my lack of response to your posts. You have never walked in my boots, so please don't be critical until you have all the facts.
    Phillip, Captain, USMC-Retired
    Phillip thank you for your service, but the fact is that we have people come on here, join and ask one question and we never see them again. We do not know if what we suggested worked or not unless we hear back. I have worked with VN vets on another forum getting their high priced machines (over priced) CNC routers working. I am also a VN era vet, but I served (stateside) and was never shot at so I don't even bring it up. You folks got a raw deal, anytime I can help, just send me a PM or email.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Rivera View Post
    Clark, I hadn't tried to use USB port 3. Good suggestion. I will try it.
    Did you load the drivers from the cd before you plugged the usb in

Blog Entries
    If it still isn't working, insure that cable IS plugged into the controller port, it could be almost making contact, but not. For that matter, unplug and use different cable from your pc to the controller to check if cable is bad..... Yes, bottom right on the RDworks panel should be Port connection button and should be USB:Auto if you are using USB. Good luck with it..... The resellers are usually worthless...
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Just thought of something, may be relevant, or not-- my machine has 2 UPS inputs, one is specifically to connect to the computer, the other is specifically for a flash drive- does the machine in question maybe have a second input-

Also, pertaining to the USB ports on the machine, if like mine the main USB port on mine is simply connected from that port to the USB port on the controller with a short USB cable. And true to my not-so-steller luck with USB ports over the years, my machine's 'outside' port quit working a few months ago, and now my computer's USB cable is plugged directly into the controller.

--the machine should be checked to make sure the inner cable is connected, and maybe try connecting direct to the controller...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

You could go to the Ruida web site and download the USB drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    You could go to the Ruida web site and download the USB drivers.
    I hope what has been posted here has helped Phillip get going. Its tough having a machine not working and not knowing why.

I had the same issue originally, I had to have the laser on and connected to the laptop for the driver to load correctly.

I had to change to lightburn to get the ethernet to work. China did not have a clue why, and the local rep has never tried ethernet.