Thread: HELP Vintage foot operated Boistitch stapler

HELP Vintage foot operated Boistitch stapler

Well I've been down the creek, tried to follow the yellow brick road, BUT looks like I'm still UP the creek.
    I have an old foot operated stapler. Bostitch does not recognize the TYPE "EHB" HEAD NO. 11.
    The old thing works just fine, but I need more staples. Thought I had found the right
    ones, 7/32" crown 1/2" leg 18ga. But when I attempted to load, the space between the legs
    is too tight. I think a lighter gauge might work. ???
    I would really like to keep using this tool, I helped my step dad make custom shutters with it in the '50s.
    Please direct me to any additional source that may have staples for this machine.
    I'll attempt to attach a few photos to show more detail.IMG_2453 2.jpgIMG_2457.jpgIMG_2463.jpg
    Last edited by Norris Randall; 02-12-2018 at 5:30 PM.
    Plant a tree, help it grow, children need something to climb.

Blog Entries
    Have you tried contacting Bostitch directly?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Yes Lee, They don't have any record of the machine, just sounded clueless, polite, and not interested in researching.
    Gave me phone number of "service center"??? they were no better.

Additional info

I have been searching, still no fit. I purchased caliper and took accurate measurement of my last staple. Here's the pic.STAPLE.jpeg
    Anyone have any additional suggestions, help. Thanks for your concern.

I bought a box of tools at an auction that had an old Swingline flooring stapler in the box. I think it used the same staples. Normal narrow crown staples were a bit too wide. I located staples at either Menards or Home Depot (don't remember now) but decided I didn't need it bad enough to buy the staples. I think they were called 3/16" staples.

John