Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Have a Hitachi M12VC Router?

I use a hex wrench with a ball head, which gives you a little leeway, up or down, when inserting it, but I also have a router lift which raises the collet above the table. Without a router lift, the Muscle Chuck is probably not the best solution for a table mounted router.

Ken, Did you take the removable base off of the router, and remove the springs, before mounting it in the table?
    This makes it easier to reach the collet from above the table, and adjust the router.
    I never could remove the collet from the locking nut on my M12 router from the day I bought it. It has always released the cutter though.

Blog Entries
    I have one of these routers, haven't had that issue. Take it apart and clean it, you should not have to whack anything to get the bit to come out. I've worked with a lot of collected and chucked tools, whacking the bit along the side is not how your supposed to do this.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

The base is off the router and it’s mounted in a lift.

Quote Originally Posted by michael langman View Post
    Ken, Did you take the removable base off of the router, and remove the springs, before mounting it in the table?
    This makes it easier to reach the collet from above the table, and adjust the router.
    I never could remove the collet from the locking nut on my M12 router from the day I bought it. It has always released the cutter though.