Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Router lift?

I have the Incra (Jessem) Master Lift II with a PC 7518 in a Woodpecker table/fence. Recently added the Incra under-table dust sucker and couldn't be happier. Someone else mentioned that you didn't really appreciate a good router lift until you've used one, and I agree. The ease of use and precision adjustment is amazing.

I had the original Woodpecker PRL chain drive model but had problems with it binding up. Sent it in for repair but it started binding again so sold it. Tried the PRL V-2 with thumb wheel but it now won’t raise or lower the router at all. I own lots of Incra and Woodpecker stuff but would look at other offerings for a router lift after my experience. Maybe the Jessem?

3. Another vote for the PC 7518 3.25 hp router motor in a Jessem MasterLift. Super accurate and when I made raised panel cabinet doors, it made being able to repeat the exact settings easy when being many days apart on making the doors for different cabinets in the set. Matched doors made at different times is not an easy thing to do when different setups have to be done in a very small shop.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I have the JessEm Router Lift II and it does all I want it to. Serious hobby - not production. Together with a Porter Cable router I have been very happy with it. And like Brett said, 1/2 the price.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Thanks for all the information. Lots to consider, but JessEm keeps coming up so I think I'll take a look at the Router Lift II.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cav View Post
    Thanks for all the information. Lots to consider, but JessEm keeps coming up so I think I'll take a look at the Router Lift II.
    Definitely look into this. I upgraded my router table some years ago with a bench dog cast iron table top and a JessEm Mast-R-Lift II. It has been an amazing setup that I would repeat in a heartbeat. I use an iGaging digital height gauge and I can very easily adjust my bit down to the thousandths of an inch. I went from avoiding my router table and finding other ways to do what I wanted to using my router table 10x as much... it really is a joy to use that you have to experience. You won't be sorry if you upgrade!

I went with a cast iron table to avoid any table sag over time and to use magnetic featherboards... so not a required upgrade, but I enjoy the speed of magnetic featherboards!

I've owned both the Woodpeckers PRL-V2 and the Jessem Mast-R-Lift II. I much prefer the Jessem, though I do wish it had a larger variety of inserts like the Incra and Woodpeckers do, but that's a minor point. I also very much like the beefiness of the 3.5HP PC7518 Router. A very good combo, iMHO.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Similar to Ken, I have the Woodpeckers PRL-V2 with a PC-7518 mounted in the first version of Norm's router table.

Blog Entries
    I'll throw in another for the Jessem lift, it's pretty nice. I've had mine for probably 10 years now and use it daily.

Just checked, I have the Mast-R-lift II.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

After spending most of the afternoon changing bits in the router table yesterday, I went ahead and ordered the JessEm Mast-R-Lift II yesterday. I guess I should get started now on planning to rebuild the router table from the bottom up.

After spending most of the afternoon changing bits in the router table yesterday, I went ahead and ordered the JessEm Mast-R-Lift II yesterday. I guess I should get started now on planning to rebuild the router table from the bottom up.
    I don't recall you saying how you intend to mount the lift but for what it's worth: JessEm offers a set of corner leveling pads for DIY and retrofitted tables. I used them on my Kreg table.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

A Valentines gift to yourself?

Prepare to fall in love. I have one and want another.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Sure beats a box of chocolates!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post

Prepare to fall in love. I have one and want another.
    Well, I do have TWO big 3.5 HP Porter Cable Speedmatic routers.

After running a PC7518 mounted to the bottom of a table for a couple of years, I bought the Incra lift and it may be the best money spent. Makes height changes a breeze and so easy to make the micro adjustments often needed. The inserts work great and make changing out the bits very simple.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck