Thread: Remote Switch for Minmax Slider CU410

Remote Switch for Minmax Slider CU410

Years ago I purchased the necessary parts to add a remote switch on my Minimax CU410. I never got the nerve to do it because the instructions provided were not clear enough for me to risk damaging an expensive machine. My slider is a great machine but when ripping sheet goods sometimes you have to crawl under the sheet to access the on/off button. So the idea, even years later, is still a great one.

Has anyone done this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Di Biasio
    Annandale, Virginia

I made one for my Knapp, similar concept. I milled a channel in some 2x2" AL to fit the sliding table extrusion, added a plate to mount the switch box, and wired the start stop. Start is parallel and stop is in series. I can move the start stop anywhere on the table and lock it down with a kip lever. If i remember right you want an 18-5 cord depending on whether you control the scoring blade separately. Dave

Interestingly, I have some of these parts hanging out somewhere in my shop, too...and am looking forward to folks advise to your question! Getting to the switches on my S315WS for some sheet goods cutting is "a pain"...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yes I have, both for when I've got something large on the saw or when I'm using the shaper and want the start/stop function in front of me.......Rod.

I rigged one of those cheesy Rockler dust collector remotes to start my SCMI slider years ago. The same fob also started the dust collector. It took a little fiddling because I had to get the unit to act as a momentary switch to the starter. It really was a great modification. I never was able to get it to turn the saw off though.