Thread: LaserStar

LaserStar

I was curious if anyone was running a machine from LaserStar, and what you thought of it. I am looking at a 50 watt 3600 series machine, but I'd like to hear how they perform outside of what the brochure says.

Thanks!
    Epilog Helix 60 watt, Epilog 36EXT 75 watt, 2 Rotary Attachments, 3 Jaw Chuck Rotary Attachment, Kern 52x100 400 watt putting out 580 watts, Photobrasive Laser Mask, Rayzist 1924 Blast Cabinet, ikonics blast cabinet, SR3000 Resist, Epson 1400 Printer, 1 Paragon Glass Kiln, Covington Wet Belt Sander/Polisher, 2 JDS Air Filtration Units, 14" Stone Saw, and A Few Other Things I Forgot About!

Ask what resonator they are using and what the M^2 value is

If they can't or won't answer either...walk away

If the M^2 is too high...walk away
    You did what !

What is a good resonator and what should the m^2 be at?

Here is the link to the laser if it helps.

https://www.laserstar.net/products/l...m/default.aspx

Thanks for the advice!

Blog Entries
    I've been on their email list for a while. They have some really interesting machines- use a fiber to weld. Novel idea, at least for me.
    But looking at the machine you linked to Braden, I SURE DON'T LIKE THE elevation handle location! Could be REALLY easy to stick your hand under the working laser to adjust a fraction. Mine, like all the Chinese machines I've seen have the screw handle on TOP of the pillar. Where it SHOULD be!
    Ergonomically, and SAFETY wise at least. Yes it is a nit, but IMHO, a BIG No and would be a deal killer.

Another issue is that the base looks pretty cheazy. Is it Tippy at all? Looks like it would be.

And, really, their machines are expensive. You can buy a 50 and probably a 30 watt Chinese machine for what the 50 costs....... After market service? At least from what I've been told, MTBF on the fibers is over 100,000 hours. Now a power supply or other electronic item or a mirror could fail. But is it worth it? You must decide. They definitely aren't a CO2 where a Trotec/Epilog metal is superior.

OH, and it looks like they still use a form of EzCad software. My guess is the guts are Chinese.....

I REALLY would love to know who actually wrote the initial software. US or Chinese?
    Last edited by John Lifer; 02-12-2018 at 9:33 AM.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

So trying to branch out from just LaserStar, what other US based companies are out there that are really good at what they do?

Just sent a request to TYKMA as well.

Thanks!

6. Braden,

I own a LaserStar Fibercube and in Fort Collins,CO. What information ante you interested in? I bought the machine in December so I am still learning. So far I like the machine but not to impressed with the LaserStar team.

Gloria

Welcome to SMC. We'll look forward to your input.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hi Gloria,

I was just curious if they were as wonderful as advertised, and what their service and software was like.

Did you get their 3d software? What power did you go with?

Thanks!
    Epilog Helix 60 watt, Epilog 36EXT 75 watt, 2 Rotary Attachments, 3 Jaw Chuck Rotary Attachment, Kern 52x100 400 watt putting out 580 watts, Photobrasive Laser Mask, Rayzist 1924 Blast Cabinet, ikonics blast cabinet, SR3000 Resist, Epson 1400 Printer, 1 Paragon Glass Kiln, Covington Wet Belt Sander/Polisher, 2 JDS Air Filtration Units, 14" Stone Saw, and A Few Other Things I Forgot About!