Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sawmills in NE PA

I am in Clarks Summit and my best source is Ordie Price sawmill in Gibson, Pennsylvania. They have all types of lumber including beautiful cherry. You should be able to get contact information on the internet, but if you have any questions PM me. He has a huge operation and exports PA cherry to China, but will work with small builders. He sets aside some prime wood and although he is not cheap, he is fair. It is a family business and his wife usually coordinates time to visit and pick your wood. I have been to Irion in Wellsboro but it is very far.

Blog Entries
    Those are good rules for a commercial lumber yard, it’s best if you call ahead so they can pick for you if you are making a long trip/small order. BORO in north Jersey has picked for me quickly in a pinch but most often these guys are filling huge commercial orders and it can be costly for them to stop their process and pick a few boards

I most often work wth a retailer type lumber yard, Willard Brothers in Trenton Nj and there I can pick my own.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Robert- It just occurred to me that there is a small family owned mill about 10 miles from you as the crow flies. It’s called Lamoreaux Lumber, and ironically enough IIRC they are located on Hartman Rd in Hunlocks Creek. Basically between you and Route 29. They’re small so the inventory is somewhat limited, but nice people and 3rd generation family owned.
    ---Trudging the Road of Happy Destiny---