Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How are you organizing fasteners?

I wouldn't trade my metal storage cabinets for anything. The drawers contain dividers that can be rearranged, labeled, and are insanely strong (440 lbs/drawer) and roll as smooth as silk. These ones are Lista Cabinets. There's others that are similar. The one shown stores just hardware. Others store tools, electrical supplies, casters, sandpaper, shaper cutters, etc... One day I'll get around to labeling things (hopefully sooner than later) and build a maple top for them.

IMG_1670.jpgIMG_1669.jpgIMG_1672.jpg

The best thing about organizing my hardware, is that I always know exactly where everything is, and if something starts to get low, I can notice it and buy more stock the next time I'm in town. I rarely have to make a special trip to the hardware store for hardware any more.

That's WAY too neat, Keith. Too easy to find things. Not gonna work... (Seriously...NICE cabinets!)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Nice! Wish I could afford them, not even used can I get one for under $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Weber View Post
    I wouldn't trade my metal storage cabinets for anything. The drawers contain dividers that can be rearranged, labeled, and are insanely strong (440 lbs/drawer) and roll as smooth as silk. These ones are Lista Cabinets. There's others that are similar. The one shown stores just hardware. Others store tools, electrical supplies, casters, sandpaper, shaper cutters, etc... One day I'll get around to labeling things (hopefully sooner than later) and build a maple top for them.

IMG_1670.jpgIMG_1669.jpgIMG_1672.jpg

The best thing about organizing my hardware, is that I always know exactly where everything is, and if something starts to get low, I can notice it and buy more stock the next time I'm in town. I rarely have to make a special trip to the hardware store for hardware any more.

I use similar containers for some types of fasteners, one reason is I can carry them to the barn or around the farm. Each has one type of fasteners, lag screws, carriage bolts, deck screws, nails, sheet metal screws, self-drilling/tapping, screw eyes, staples, brass clips, etc.

359a44d1-649c-483b-b77c-754bdbd8dacf_1.7b6a8883bc1cb10d717af74339d23301.jpeg

Very sturdy, adjustable compartments. I get them from Walmart.