Thread: Anyone Notice John Mahoney Died?

Anyone Notice John Mahoney Died?

John Mahoney passed away about a week ago. As Frasier's father he was very enjoyable, but I saw him in several movies where his role was dramatic and not comedy. Those were the ones I enjoyed the most. Same with a namesake of his, John Spencer who I loved in West Wing. I have nothing to base it on, but I suspect Mahoney was pretty good guy.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

Mark, had not seen that and I was a fan ,too. He was also in TIN MEN ,a great "tragi-comedy" with a lot of aluminum siding. Seen it a number of times.

Blog Entries
    Saw the obit on line last week. Enjoyed his work on Fraiser and a few other pieces.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Yes, I saw it last week.

I saw it too. I enjoyed his work.
    RIP
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

NPR's Fresh Air program replayed an interview with him from 1990. Google "remembering-john-mahoney".