Thread: Tro-TECH rejection

Tro-TECH rejection

I recieved my x-axis motor and 2 boards today. I was impressed to see that the items were covered under warranty and over-nighted to me regardless of the snowstorm blanketing the city. (probably the #1 reason to pony-up for a trotec machine) I was told to call in and they would walk me through the simple process of swapping components. Eager to have this done before the support team leaves for the weekend, I call in to a recorded message saying they had to close due to severe weather and would have a skeleton support crew on monday. To be clear; I'm not upset and totally understand the closure for the safety of those fine individuals that facilitate me getting my laser on. But, I snowed myself in at the workshop with enough provisions to get thru the weekend with the intention of catching up on lost lasertime. Now what am I to do? Since you made it thru my sob-story what I am getting at is this:

1.) Anybody replace your x-axis motor that could walk me thru the process? (I'm on a Speedy 360 80w)
    2.) Is there a service manual available or could anyone point me to relevant resources?

I realize some may talk me out of doing anything at all until Monday but right now I'm not trying to hear that considering Trotec said it was easy (ish) and I'm holed up here jonesin' for a laser revival jamboree.
    Trotec Speedy 360 80watt, Woodworking, screenprinting, paper marbling and an all around assortment of art supplies.
    I make art, my laser makes money. which i spend on art tools like lasers.
    MAKE it 'til you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Garrett View Post
    I recieved my x-axis motor and 2 boards today. I was impressed to see that the items were covered under warranty and over-nighted to me regardless of the snowstorm blanketing the city. (probably the #1 reason to pony-up for a trotec machine) I was told to call in and they would walk me through the simple process of swapping components. Eager to have this done before the support team leaves for the weekend, I call in to a recorded message saying they had to close due to severe weather and would have a skeleton support crew on monday. To be clear; I'm not upset and totally understand the closure for the safety of those fine individuals that facilitate me getting my laser on. But, I snowed myself in at the workshop with enough provisions to get thru the weekend with the intention of catching up on lost lasertime. Now what am I to do? Since you made it thru my sob-story what I am getting at is this:

1.) Anybody replace your x-axis motor that could walk me thru the process? (I'm on a Speedy 360 80w)
    2.) Is there a service manual available or could anyone point me to relevant resources?

I realize some may talk me out of doing anything at all until Monday but right now I'm not trying to hear that considering Trotec said it was easy (ish) and I'm holed up here jonesin' for a laser revival jamboree.

"trotec speedy 360 x axis motor replacement" click on this link and you should see a video that walks you through the process. It's on a 400 but should be similar enough to work.