Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Quest Toward a Square Cut on a Kapex

Brian,

Maybe I missed something (didn't read this thread till today because I couldn't believe it was still live with posts) . . . Are you still having the same problems with the Kapex? If so, I would have long ago sent it to Festool for warranty repair (if I didn't miss the post where you already said you did that).

I have only used a Kapex in a couple of the Festool classes at the Festool HQ in Lebanon, but, I have to say, the cut was dead on square repeatedly over a number of cuts made for the projects done in class. I would have bought one for sure, given the various features I felt were important, but I feel a miter saw is useful for what I mostly do. I previously owned a Hitachi and, while relatively accurate, dust collection was bad and I found the space it took wasn't justified for me. So, buying a Kapex didn't make sense. Instead, I embarked on my Festool purchases with a track saw and MFT, which I find very accurate and precise and it serves almost all of my needs.

However, I would say that, if you are still having problems and the saw is still under warranty, get warranty service. There is no reason I know, based on my limited experience that this saw should not be able to repeatedly cut accurately and square, with or without an auxiliary fence (assuming the auxiliary fence has not introduced some inaccuracies).

Sorry if you have already made contact with Festool Service and they didn't help you to your satisfaction. However, I would agree that, at Festool's prices and their claims of high quality, accurate tools, that you should be able to get an accurate, precise saw that cuts square repeatedly. You should keep after them until they fix whatever the problem is.

Blog Entries
    It cuts square now. The service department basically they said it was an issue with the saw that was unsolvable by them. I solved it.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.