Thread: Dust Collection - on the cheap

Dust Collection - on the cheap

I just expanded my dust collection in my humble shed/shop and thought it would be a good time to make a video explaining it. Along the way there are some other related tricks and jigs.

Cheers,

Paul M

Paul, there is a large number of community members who cannot effectively watch videos because of low Internet speed/bandwidth. Perhaps you can post some still photos of your setup with explanation? Thanks in advance!

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Fine for the drill press you're showing; uncertain what bench-top tools those other hose port fittings may lead to. I see now that those appear to be a sander, band saw & compound miter "chop" saw... Suggest you really ought to place a compact, bucket-top type of cyclone separator prior to the vacuum inlet and that puny pleated paper filter cartridge found within most plastic shop-vacs. There are small "Dust Deputies" available, or at well less than half the cost of Oneida, a very nicely molded single unit Nalgene 75mm ported cyclone imported from China produced by N$; Nantong Suning Environmental Protection Technologies. Likely could quickly pay for itself in extending the life of those cartridge filter replacements.
    Last edited by Morey St. Denis; 02-09-2018 at 11:50 AM.

The sliding blast gate idea is good even just for a single machine.

I had to stop watching a little over half way through because your drill press work holding methods are not the safest.

Some good ideas there,Paul
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.