Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey, I built something: Reloading bench from construction lumber...

Quote Originally Posted by julian abram View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the reply, I learned something I was unaware, these ranges.
    You are quite welcome. Check out both ranges web pages for a calendars of events. Old Fort is very much laid back for their events with Red Castle matches being a bit more involved. Red Castle has pit service so not shooting blind as you are at Old Fort. I enjoy both very much. You do not have to be a member to shoot matches at either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield View Post
    I freely admit that I do not care for sanding and finishing. If I could get away with it every project would just be rough and naked but alas, that is not a possibility so I blow it all apart and get on with it. I want it to remain light so I opt for a few coats of wipe on poly.

And here we are with the finished product. I also bought a rolling work bench from Harbor Freight for more storage and work space. After using it for a bit I am quite pleased with the end result.

Hope someone finds these posts entertaining and/or helpful!
    Very nice bench Terry. So can you share exactly what "wipe on poly" you used for the finish? I really like the look on that yellow pine.

Thanks, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Manning View Post
    Very nice bench Terry. So can you share exactly what "wipe on poly" you used for the finish? I really like the look on that yellow pine.

Thanks, Mike
    Thank you Mike! Just regular Minwax satin from Lowes.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Minwax-Sati...hoCEv0QAvD_BwE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Really nice build, Terry!

I hear you on the serious shooter front. I used to compete in local sporting clays shoots. Back in the day, I might post 190 out of 200. Would sometimes get me in the top 10

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Mueller View Post
    Really nice build, Terry!

I hear you on the serious shooter front. I used to compete in local sporting clays shoots. Back in the day, I might post 190 out of 200. Would sometimes get me in the top 10
    Thanks Phil! I am enjoying the loading and shooting very much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That much work, and you don't have a Dillon on it?

(runs away, ducks and covers)
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanford View Post

No Dillon. I'm seating with a K&M arbor press so really nothing for the main press to do but decap, resize and expand. For what I'm doing the Rock Chucker is plenty good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanford View Post

That's a nice looking bench. I like the idea with the HF storage trays; I may have to steal the idea when I rebuild my reloading setup when we get the house finished. Right now I'm using a lot of different sized trays with all kinds of odds and ends in them. I also used the T-nut idea on my last bench; it works well. I put two rows of T-nuts along the front of the bench and made several bases all the same size then mounted the various presses on them, including, yes, a Dillon....two, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cav View Post
    That's a nice looking bench. I like the idea with the HF storage trays; I may have to steal the idea when I rebuild my reloading setup when we get the house finished. Right now I'm using a lot of different sized trays with all kinds of odds and ends in them. I also used the T-nut idea on my last bench; it works well. I put two rows of T-nuts along the front of the bench and made several bases all the same size then mounted the various presses on them, including, yes, a Dillon....two, actually.
    Thanks Dave. 2 Dillons. Nice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]