Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey, I built something: Reloading bench from construction lumber...

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bickley View Post
    Super Great looking bench....... Now lets see a target.
    Thanks Von! This was from my first match with the rifle and my hand loads. 20 shots @ 300 yards. X ring is 1.4". 10 ring is 2.84. Score of 200 14x. Have match #2 later this month also at 300 then a 600 in March.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Sweet Terry! You always do beautiful work. Still have your race cars?
    Hi Bruce! Thanks! I do not. The dragster sold last winter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bochenek View Post
    Love the rifle, sick paint job! Send me some of that .308 to test in My Scar 17
    Thanks Travis. I have lots of custom painted toys. Kinda doubt these are gonna chamber in the Scar. 200,20x Bergers are big. OAL over 3" on these rounds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terry hatfield View Post
    thanks von! This was from my first match with the rifle and my hand loads. 20 shots @ 300 yards. X ring is 1.4". 10 ring is 2.84. Score of 200 14x. Have match #2 later this month also at 300 then a 600 in march.

amazing..
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bickley View Post
    amazing..
    Thanks. My total score was 594 25x. lol... 6 shots outside the 10 ring out of 60 shots total...and I lost. These boys are serious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beautiful and practical bench. I was expecting it to be crude and fast after you initial comments. The shooting ain't bad either!
    Charlie Jones

Very nice bench to reload off!!!! I too, like light finish--must be my old eyes?
    I've been watching some of the long range shooters on one of the outdoor channels on TV.

You are right, they take things pretty seriously. Something I would like to try. Kinda spendy 'tho.

Bruce

QUOTE=Terry Hatfield;2775702]Thanks. My total score was 594 25x. lol... 6 shots outside the 10 ring out of 60 shots total...and I lost. These boys are serious.[/QUOTE]
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Jones View Post
    Beautiful and practical bench. I was expecting it to be crude and fast after you initial comments. The shooting ain't bad either!
    Thank you Charlie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Volden View Post
    Very nice bench to reload off!!!! I too, like light finish--must be my old eyes?
    I've been watching some of the long range shooters on one of the outdoor channels on TV.

You are right, they take things pretty seriously. Something I would like to try. Kinda spendy 'tho.

Bruce
    I don't think kinda spendy is how I would describe it. lol... I keep thinking that I'm eventually going to take up a cheap hobby. Hasn't happened yet.

There is so much to the long range game. Very interesting discipline. The right equipment is obviously a must but a lot of this is on the shooter. Much practice is necessary. Precision and consistency at the reloading bench plays such vital role as well. Working in .0005 increments is challenging.
    Last edited by Terry Hatfield; 02-09-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very well done Terry. I always appreciate nicely made projects from everyday easily accessible materials. Out of curiosity where do you find a location for long range shooting in NWA? I'm guessing a private range, Hobbs is only 100 yards.

Don't know about that being a reloading "bench", looks more like furniture to me. I'd love to have a bench like that.

I'd like to hear more about some of your equipment too, case trimmer, powder trickler set up, and was that a barrel vise I saw being used for a weight?
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

I really like the bench. Great job on it. I love the flag hanging on the wall. Love seeing the flag in peoples work/play areas.

Quote Originally Posted by julian abram View Post
    Very well done Terry. I always appreciate nicely made projects from everyday easily accessible materials. Out of curiosity where do you find a location for long range shooting in NWA? I'm guessing a private range, Hobbs is only 100 yards.
    Thanks. 300 yards at Old Fort Gun Club in Ft. Smith or 600 yards at Red Castle Gun Club in Tulsa. There was a 1000 yard range in Lincoln but complaining people 2.5 miles away forced him to close. There is a 1000 yard range being planned north of Rogers but not sure when that will come to pass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Barnes View Post
    I really like the bench. Great job on it. I love the flag hanging on the wall. Love seeing the flag in peoples work/play areas.
    Thanks. I'm continuing to add to the American flag theme of the room. I have a friend that makes some really cool steel flag stuff. Just got this eagle from him yesterday. The AR15 flag was in my office at work but I decided that I had to have it for the gun room. Even the cross is flag themed.

Last edited by Terry Hatfield; 02-10-2018 at 4:17 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield View Post
    Thanks. 300 yards at Old Fort Gun Club in Ft. Smith or 600 yards at Red Castle Gun Club in Tulsa. There was a 1000 yard range in Lincoln but complaining people 2.5 miles away forced him to close. There is a 1000 yard range being planned north of Rogers but not sure when that will come to pass.
    Interesting, thanks for the reply, I learned something I was unaware, these ranges.