Thread: 21 Gauge Nailer

21 Gauge Nailer

Maybe I need to get my head out of the sand!

I just learned that there are 21 gauge nailers. I've been using the Grex 23 gauge headless pinner for several years. Upon search on the internet, the number of makers for 21 gauge nailer are numerous. Some of those manufactures are Senco, Cadex, Omer.... and I just got the flyer from Grex touting their new 21 gauge nailer. So these 21 gauges nailers are suppose to fill the gap between 18 gauge brad nailer and 23 gauge headless pinners.

Seems like the 21 gauge nailers has been around for a little bit...time to pull my head out of the sand and get some air. I'd like to hear your opinions! Thanks

I honestly haven't felt the need for something between 18 gage brads and 23 gage headless pins...it comes down to application. If you have an application that could clearly benefit from this alternative size of fastener, then any of the brands you mention are worth considering.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have the Senco 21g. I like it, no problems, though I don't use it hard. As for need, it's definitely a luxury...it doesn't eliminate the 18g or 23g for me, but sometimes it's nice to have a smaller hole than 18g but still with some holding power.

Hardwood trims in our house that were pre-finished all are installed with 21g nails. They come as long as 2.25" long (good for thick header trims).