Thread: Coyote Woodcarving

Coyote Woodcarving

Coyote HT Carv 3 red.jpgCoyote HT Carv 1 red.jpegCoyote HT Carv 12 red.jpgCoyote HT Carv 6 red.jpegCoyote HT Carv 7 red.jpgCoyote HT Carv 4 red.jpeg

This is my latest wild animal carving. I do these mainly for me and to build a portfolio of pieces that are purely art pieces. Some of mine look a little like Desiree Hajny pieces. But she likes to do mothers with cubs, pups or kits and that is just not my cup of tea. She does terrific work though.

When I do wild animals I mainly do them on the prowl. Either looking for their next meal or having spotted it, poised to move. Frankly this is the way most wild animals spend their waking time.

This piece is called Watch Tower. Its a Coyote looking out over a high plateau. His eyes are slightly looking left...the same direction the head is tilted. Ears are radar ranging. So prey has not been identified yet in this piece. Dimensions are 6"T x 2.5"W x 7"L.

Hope you enjoy the piece.

Nice job James. Will be looking for the next one.

Particularly like the base on this one. Last time I heard "Radar Range" ....someone on TV had just won a stove!!