Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for 23 ga nailer

Recommendations for 23 ga nailer

Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a 23 gauge pneumatic nailer. Think I have every other gauge except a 23. I've been applying trim on some stain grade cabinetry and been thinking it would be nice to have those tiny holes left by a pin nailer.

I've owned Senco, porter cable and Grex. I prefer the Grex personally.

I bought out menards on the bosch 23 pinners locally and resold them all for double, which was still a deal for buyers. They are fantastic. Equally as nice as my buddies grex.

Harbor freight. Seriously, they work great and are super cheap. I actually have a PC that I bought used as a set that works great as well, but if I had to buy again i’d Save some money and get HF. I have 3 or so other HF guns.

I bought the Grex that will drive a 2" pin. I've never had a need for a 2" pin so don't buy that one unless you know you'll need 2".

Beyond that, the Grex has been an excellent pinner. I'm sure there are less expensive ones that will do an excellent job. The Grex is pricey.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I have the Cadex V2/23.55 and I really like it. It does a great job and hasn't given me any problems shooting longer nails, plus it will do headless pins or headed brads. https://www.amazon.com/Cadex-V2-23-5.../dp/B01F9LIVOG
    Earl

I have a Porter Cable PN138 (slight head or headless) that I use regularly and have a little over 6,000 pins through it with no problems. I also have P-C 18 ga and 16 ga, although I haven't used the 16 ga much yet.
    Last edited by Ted Derryberry; 02-08-2018 at 8:08 PM. Reason: more pins than I thought

I have good luck with my Hitachi 23 gauge pin nailer. It's limitation is 1 3/8" pins.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Bostitch and never had any issues.

I have the Harbor Freight and it has done a good job, very happy with it.

I've had a porter cable for about 8years now, I love it

Not trying to hijack this thread but curious what scenarios a 23 gauge pin in appropriate? 1/4" or less stock?

I use 3/4" pins to apply the 3/8" thick "Z" on doors like this. I also use glue. The pins hold it in place until the glue cures and act as back up in case the glue pops with wood movement. I know its a bad design, but I'm just paid to build them.FinishedDoor.jpg

I have a Cadex. Love it so far. I use the 23 gauge pins to hold moldings and thin parts. They work great with glue and are hardly visible.

I have a very old Accuset by Senco and a Grex. The Grex is awesome.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...