Thread: Double helix

Double helix

I was catching up on news this morning and this caught my eye. The Sydney Opera house is unique in itself. I did not know that its double helix car park was equally unique. The story of how it came into being is a bit out there as well. Cheers

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-0...-shape/9270864
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

It might be unique in some way, but double helix parking garages are pretty common.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    It might be unique in some way, but double helix parking garages are pretty common.
    Lol, I know someone who couldn't find his car once cause he kept looking on the same helix, not knowing it was a double helix lot!

Interesting. I wonder why they built the roofing system with only a fifty year design life.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Very interesting. Have to show this to the wife, she is teaching her 8th grade science students the Watson/Crick DNA model right now.