Thread: temperature

temperature

The chiller unit with the laser has a temp readout (5000cl) which is probably really not that accurate.
    so if the fluid stays around less than 30 C that should be ok , right (manual thermometer)
    Laser tube with a digital gun reads 25 C
    So the chille ron a hogh temp will shutdown the laser?I never really go a clear answer what the wire connection to
    the laser from the chiller does.,

Maximum of 23 degrees for an 80/90mm diameter tube
    Maximum of 28 degrees for a 50/55/60mm diameter tube

Anything over 23 on a widebody tube will shorten it's life considerably
    You did what !

I never really go a clear answer what the wire connection to
    the laser from the chiller does
    You mean the 3 pin BNC type connection? it's a flow feedback that shuts the laser down if there is a zero flow or the chiller switches off for any reason
    You did what !

ok so its only flow not temp on the BNC type connection ...also those temperatures you mentioned , are these the fluid temp or the tube surface temperature.
    My chiller at the fans is blowing 23 C
    and thanks
    Last edited by stan kern; 02-12-2018 at 7:29 PM. Reason: thanks

Fluid temp Stan, tube surface will vary by quite a bit anyways,for optimum stability try to keep water temp 17 - 19 / 16 - 18 degrees, it helps keep the beam profile consistent and the spot size stable and preserve tube life.

I leave all my chillers running 24 / 7 (it costs very little) and it ensures there are no unexpected bubbles or thermal shocks
    You did what !

thanks i find the chiller temp readout out by a few degrees, i dip an quality thermometer in the tank fill and its steady at 27 c after running for awhile at 70% power , i feel these units have a duty cycle ...maybe not the USA models
    Thanks for your comparison and word

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Maximum of 23 degrees for an 80/90mm diameter tube
    Maximum of 28 degrees for a 50/55/60mm diameter tube

Anything over 23 on a widebody tube will shorten it's life considerably
    Seriously??????????????
    You just made my day. I always thought I had to keep the temp in the 16*-19* range. This is a struggle because of the humidity and dew point here.
    If I'm able to run the laser at around 21-24* that is perfect because the dew point never gets that high.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Yup, 23 is the maximum for top tube life in the EFR factory manuals Jeff, 16-19 will give a fraction better power curve stability but we are talking lab level differences really, (as in not normally noticable), narrow body tubes are good in the 22,23,24 range and don't really start to wobble until they get to 27,28

Stability is God when it comes to tubes, nice and tight temperature control gets the absolute best results
    You did what !

Yea I have a 1200mm 60w tube that's 55mm round = narrow tube.
    During the summer I'm always struggling with condensation. I'm running a dehumidifier to lower the dew point in my garage which in turns heats up the garage even more. It can make it very unpleasant even with fans on. But now knowing this information the dew point never gets above 21*C so since I can run the laser at that 21*-24* range that's a HUGE help for me.

Funny thing is I had to look up my tube width on LightObject's website and they now list recommended Temp (20*-25*C) and amps (20-22mA).
    They didn't use to list those figures.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Software used

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Body View Post
    . I'm running a dehumidifier to lower the dew point in my garage which in turns heats up the garage even more.
    -then why not add a small AC unit? Run the AC when it's hot out, the dehumidifier when it's not-
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    -then why not add a small AC unit? Run the AC when it's hot out, the dehumidifier when it's not-
    At the time a dehumidifier was much cheaper and required no supporting infrastructure changes.
    I've since purchased a used 12,000btu portable A/C unit but I have to ran it's own 20A breaker and break a 4" hole through the wall for the exhaust. I don't have any doors or windows to put a window unit.
    I'd love to run a split unit but A. they are expensive, and B. the HOA won't allow the outside unit. I've pissed them off too much as it is.

One day I'll have an air conditioned shop where I can set up all my laser and wood working tools.
    Last edited by Jeff Body; 02-14-2018 at 1:21 PM.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Software used