Thread: Lathe power disconnect options

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by William C Rogers View Post
    I have the Laguna 18-36 lathe and the emergency stop switch is fixed in the headstock. I unplug the lathe every night and was thinking about putting some type of disconnect at the tailstock end to serve both to disconnect the power and use as an emergency stop at that end. What opinions do you have or what option are viable? Right now I would have to walk 25' to the breaker box to avoid crossing the line of fire.

i was even thinking of getting a 120/240 relay and one of the outdoor remote systems to do this.
    Bill I am not the VFD expert, however on the Canadian forum there are a few, and the use and addition of or changing of VFD to machines are discussed often enough.

So to show that these experts have no problem with shutting down and starting up of the VFD I’ll add this and if you want there is more on this and other threads on the forum.

You can see that this person has used the VFD for years and shut it down and start it up with no problem.

VFD question.jpg

Here is the first answer to the question of a spray gun activated trigger for the VFD to start and stop, there aare several more answers.

First answer.jpg
    Last edited by Leo Van Der Loo; 02-07-2018 at 10:53 PM.
    Have fun and take care