Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laguna Bandsaw Value?

If it were me and I wanted it at the asking price (which is high in my opinion considering the circumstances) I’d offer $1000 where it sits and the remainder after you move it somewhere and run it. If it doesn’t run the seller can come and get it and give you your $1000 back or keep the $1000 and call it yours.

Personally I would offer $1200 as is, final sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post

Light surface rust is easily dealt with in a couple of hours. A new motor is gonna cost you about $400-500 if it needs one though. Is it an Italian motor or a USA made one?

Which guides are on that saw? The ceramic Laguna Guides with blue anodizing , or the brass and steel Euro type?
    It has a US-made Baldor motor and Laguna ceramic guides, and seems to be identical to the bandsaws they sell now. The light rust seems to be from condensation in an unheated garage, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Do the wheels turn freely and is there any evidence of them being out of round? Are the tires in good shape? Has the blade tension been released during the long storage?

I would most likely make any offer conditional on the saw running when power is supplied and that the level of vibration is acceptable. You might be able to remove the motor to move it where a power source is available. That would be a little easier than moving the entire saw.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Keep in mind the saw is $4500 new so you have room for some fixes. I've bought a lot of machines because others put too many conditions on a sale. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Crimmins View Post
    It has a US-made Baldor motor and Laguna ceramic guides, and seems to be identical to the bandsaws they sell now. The light rust seems to be from condensation in an unheated garage, so I'm not too concerned about it.
    Hope you’ve bought this already. Those two items would cost you $500-$1000 by themselves with the blade another $200.