Thread: Pilot Pro CNC?

Pilot Pro CNC?

Anybody have experience with/own a Pilot Pro CNC? Just found them on the web and am curious.

www.pdjinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry McCollum View Post
    Anybody have experience with/own a Pilot Pro CNC? Just found them on the web and am curious.

www.pdjinc.com
    I looked but confused. Between the kits and the finished models there is not much info, unless you want to waste time watching a video. Models and prices are separated on the website.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Yep. Me too. The web page looks very Chinese lots of bright colors, bold fonts, bad english and exclamation points galore.

Still, I am intrigued.

They look nice, good price. Curious to see if anyone has one

Seems a good idea. One XYZ base that will accept router, laser, 3D printer, etc.

Must be a holdover from my old Shopsmith days....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry McCollum View Post
    Seems a good idea. One XYZ base that will accept router, laser, 3D printer, etc.

Must be a holdover from my old Shopsmith days....
    One xyz base that doesn't do anything really good and all three mediocre

I did the CNC router -> 3D printer conversion on my Shapeoko 2 --- it works, but it's a real pain to clean the machine up after routing so as to be clean enough to do 3D printing.

Far easier to have two separate machines --- a 3D printer wants to be light, fast, and suited in scale to the size of the extruder, while even a CNC router wants to be massive, deliberate, and as large as possible.

The website looks like it was designed by that famous circus owner, P. T. Barnum. It had a net negative effect on me.