Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sawstop brake activated

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf View Post
    I have had a staple activate the brake. The staple fell down on the brake and also touched the blade triggering the brake. This was a few years ago. Saw Stop has now changed the brake by putting a layer of clear tape on the brake surface to avoid this situation. If you have an older brake without the tape, you can use clear packing tape to cover the surface.
    Just wondering - did you report this to SS and, if so, did they give you a new brake?

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Just wondering - did you report this to SS and, if so, did they give you a new brake?

Mike
    No I didn't, it was a long time ago and realized that it wasn't a malfunction of the saw and the fix of the packing tape was published somewhere. I did have another brake misfire when I had a voltage drop on startup. I sent the cartridge in and it was replaced for free.
    Richard

I went to my local cedar mill. That is all they cut. Picked up some full dimension 2x4’s. Should say “pond dried” 2x4’s . 8’ers. Some I could twirl like a baton and some I bent my knees and kept my back straight when lifting them. When I first got my SS I set my Accumiter to close to the blade and it went off. SS gave me a one time courtesy replacement, which when it was explained what I had done I appreciated. New blade though.