Thread: Setting Computer Clock

Setting Computer Clock

Over the years I've had many different computers never had a problem setting the clock. Now I just bought a refurb dell laptop win 7 I7core and no matter how I set it ,the time is wrong. If I manually set it mt email times are all off. if I set it by time zone the clock is off.by hours i 've set to AZ time, set to MTN time, any ideas?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Other than move to a timezone that fits the computer time, no. Never seen that happen in my 30 years as a developer.

May want to check to see if there is something in the bios that can set the time. OR call Dell.

Good luck.

Bert, unless you are having some sort of hardware problem, you should be able to sync the clock to the web. Here is a link that explains the how-to: Clock Sync

Hope that helps.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Bert, unless you are having some sort of hardware problem, you should be able to sync the clock to the web. Here is a link that explains the how-to: Clock Sync

Hope that helps.
    But doesn't Windows already do that?

Which brings up a question; what OS are you running?

Is your motherboard battery good.
    John T.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall K Harrison View Post
    But doesn't Windows already do that?

Which brings up a question; what OS are you running?
    Win 7, as in his OP.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Please clarify how "the time is wrong" so we can help you pinpoint the problem.
    Do you set it to your correct time and then come back X later and find the time is incorrect?
    Do you leave it turned on or do you shut it off?
    Is it only your email time that is off? (If so, this points to your email server may be located in another time zone.)
    Is it off by an exact amount of hours (such as a different time zone) or is it off by different minutes each time you check it?
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Over the years I've had many different computers never had a problem setting the clock. Now I just bought a refurb dell laptop win 7 I7core and no matter how I set it ,the time is wrong. If I manually set it mt email times are all off. if I set it by time zone the clock is off.by hours i 've set to AZ time, set to MTN time, any ideas?
    I would go into the bios of the laptop and set the time there and see if it helps.