Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U-Tube Videos

MTMWood is another good one if you don't mind subtitles. No better place to learn how to make end grain cutting boards and I've learned a lot from him that applies to other things completely different than cutting boards. Interesting CNC work also using the VCarve inlay method.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    Brian Holcombe’s channel is the absolute best.
    I do look forward to when you do post new videos. I realize the amount of time it takes to produce a quality video must be very "time consuming". You are one of my favorite craftsmen top watch and your talent is amazing! I'm selfishly asking you to make more videos.
    Be Blessed

George

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Trent View Post
    Tim -

I like your list, and subscribe to many (including you).

I’d add Jimmy Diresta, and Make Something with David Picuitto
    Thanks for watching! I like those two as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Conklin View Post
    I do look forward to when you do post new videos. I realize the amount of time it takes to produce a quality video must be very "time consuming". You are one of my favorite craftsmen top watch and your talent is amazing! I'm selfishly asking you to make more videos.
    Thanks George, maybe I'll post something up. What topic interests you most?
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Lately I have been watching David Boeff. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDK...4hS3kv1SstybGw

Absolutely love Frank Howarth - as much for the creativity of his videos as anything else.

Ishitani Furniture for sheer beauty of his work, but also excellent video quality.

Mathias Wandel because, well, you just have to check out his channel (633 videos in 11 years!)

Extreme Woodworker for discussion of tools, mostly.

Andrew Pitts for very in-depth videos with a lot of vacuum veneering.

Others: Wood Whisperer, MTMWood, Jon Peters Art & Home, wortheffort.

Not really woodworking-related: Essential Craftsman for helping me understand the craftsmanship of the construction trades.

I also watch a bunch that have been mentioned. I didn’t see Paul Sellers mentioned.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/PaulSellersWoodwork
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 02-04-2018 at 9:07 PM.

Kyle toth is an incredible talent.

Blog Entries
    I usually watch a couple of videos prior to going to sleep every night.
    However, I have watched a few where the host will mount a very out of balance, cracked and bark on piece on the lathe and proceed to rough it out with no face shield.
    If a guy posts how-to videos I think it is his/her responsibility to lead by example, particularly when it comes to safety.

I have been watching a large number of CNC-oriented videos as of late in preparation for joining that world. In addition, I enjoy some of the ExtremeWoodworker videos, some from Peter Parfatt and others as well as some of the build series from Crimson Guitars.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I like Ishitani and king post timber works.

Also Mirock's Woodshop. He also has an Etsy shop where you can purchase the tools he makes in the videos.

Also, also check out our own Jack Forsberg's channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI6...jN9DmVvK2ZAWXA

These are all great channels, Just subscribed to Mirocks and Jack English Machines too.
    This guy is great to watch... very intense and he makes some excellent tools.
    Young Je https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0R...KleJsEj2h5cPow
    Its amazing what he makes by hand.
    Jon

The one thing that bugs the heck out of me with Jimmy Diresta videos is that he puts his name on absolutely everything. I mean, I can understand not wanting your videos to get stolen, I can understand not wanting to give free advertising, but it's absolutely everywhere! Great craftsman, but that just rubs me the wrong way.