Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Contributor

2005 Contributor

I kinda like the look of that!
    Check your names guys and gals, looks like we've been rewarded with a bit of special attention!

Whoops - must have spoke too soon. Gone before I got the post up.
    Last edited by Keith Foster; 11-10-2005 at 11:04 AM.
    Keith Foster Carrera Farms

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Foster
    I kinda like the look of that!
    Check your names guys and gals, looks like we've been rewarded with a bit of special attention!

Whoops - must have spoke too soon. Gone before I got the post up.
    Ahhhh...OK. What are we missing here??? Has something changed? Come on, Keith, gimme a clue.....
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Well, when I first logged on this morning the words "2005 Contributor" were directly under my name. But when I posted this thread it was gone. Found a couple of other names with the notation that had not logged on or posted yet. Kinda a "hide and seek" game!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Foster
    Well, when I first logged on this morning the words "2005 Contributor" were directly under my name. But when I posted this thread it was gone. Found a couple of other names with the notation that had not logged on or posted yet. Kinda a "hide and seek" game!
    Gotchya'! Sounds like maybe there is some "behind the scenes" updating to profiles going on. Cool! Thanks for the info, as I hadn't noticed it. (Blind in one eye and can't see outta' the other! )
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

John,

I asked Aaron to implement the Contributor label to acknowledge those who were able to donate funds to support SMC this year. Since we are now a Member Supported Community I believe it is important to let everyone know who pays the bills around here

Our suggested annual donation is just five dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    John,

I asked Aaron to implement the Contributor label to acknowledge those who were able to donate funds to support SMC this year. Since we are now a Member Supported Community I believe it is important to let everyone know who pays the bills around here

Our suggested annual donation is just five dollars.
    Keith, in between these posts, I noted another thread started:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=26188

I think I kind of agree with Rob's suggestion of just putting that info in a person's "Public Profile". We're ALL "contributors" here, in some way, shape or form. I certainly wouldn't want a "newbie" or someone not in the position to donate right now to feel badly about not having that particular tag on all their posts. Just MHO...
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    I think I kind of agree with Rob's suggestion of just putting that info in a person's "Public Profile". We're ALL "contributors" here, in some way, shape or form. I certainly wouldn't want a "newbie" or someone not in the position to donate right now to feel badly about not having that particular tag on all their posts. Just MHO...
    I second John's note. I'd rather it not be in your face, even though it sounds tastefully done. A line in the profile would be fine. You can see it, but it won't make anyone feel bad. Jim.

Keith,

I'm in favor of the contributor designation going in the public profile. John and Rob both have valid points.

Right now we are members, moderators, administrator or founder. That's enough designations I think.

The only other designation I'd like to be known for is

WOODWORKER
    but that may take awhile.

Anyway, that's my $1.398 worth of opinion.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Keith.......I agree with John's idea...if it can be implemented.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

As somebody who has not yet contributed I feel that it would be a better reminder to me to see the title next to the picture. I might have a little extra money and be ready to donate and not remember, but if I see it in somebody's posts I will think, "Oh yeah, I can donate now".

I certainly dont feel bad about not being able to donate today, because I know that sooner or later I will and in my opinion $25 dollars will be just as helpful 6 months from now as it will be today. And when I do finally donate it wont be because I feel pressured, it will be because I think this is the best WWing forum on the internet, and I dont want to see it disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    I asked Aaron to implement the Contributor label to acknowledge those who were able to donate funds to support SMC this year.
    Um, well, either it didn't happen or it didn't work, at least not in my browser.

Well, unless we do a fund drive every year (and that's ok as well), there isn't any way to let the newbies know there is any kind of payment needed to keep this site up and running. On another site I frequent the words "Rennlist Member" are highlighted in Red. Non paying members just have the words "Registered User" in black under their name.

Tasteful, yet tackily refined...

Just make it a paid members only site & be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosenberger
    Just make it a paid members only site & be done with it.
    I think that would take away a lot of the value of SMC and turn off a number of the members.

I am not in favour of any designation. I think that the value of the whole site is that everybody has the same rights and responsibilities. If some people feel that they get enough value to support financially then they should but somebody who visits occasionally and leaves the odd pearl of wisdom has done as much to support the site in my view.