Thread: Oak Corner Desk

Oak Corner Desk

This is a corner desk I just completed for myself. It is 42" both directions along the wall and comes out about 20" to the angled section. The plywood top is bookmatched oak plywood made by Timber Products Corinth Mississippi plant (I am the Plant Engineer at Timber Products Michigan), The rest is oak lumber, much of it is quarter sawn. The finish is System Three MirrorCoat pour on epoxy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Blog Entries
    I think that is an interesting piece. What will you do fro drawers?

Blog Entries
    I like the leg structure. I am due for a desk myself but, SWMBO wants to wait . . . for something . . . not sure what(?). How did you like the pour on process?

I had to make sure the chair would push all the way in to clear the "main pathway" through the room, so it did mess up storage. I will build shelves to go over the supports were it wont interfere with chair. The stool that holds the printer will be replaced with a cabinet with drawers. I am going to make some upper cabinets for storage and there is a book built in shelf in the same room. We ended up replacing an elliptical machine with bike for my daughter and this was the only room the machine had a chance of fitting. It put a cramp in my style, but I use the elliptical, so I am not that put out.
    Last edited by Rich Aldrich; 02-03-2018 at 11:57 AM.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

I like it. This is my second project using it. The pour on epoxy is really easy to use. Put visqueen on the floor, the legs on blocks, and leveled it. There is a seal coat at 1/2 oz per square foot that goes on first. It was really difficult to spread and it took a while to set. It looked like crap, but it turned out fine after the thick layer is poured on. Make sure the area is clean of dust and the surface is clean. I ended up with one (dog) hair and one speck of sawdust in it.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich