Thread: I came home and found THIS on my front porch...

I came home and found THIS on my front porch...

C0013683-A101-48AC-959A-E32B441237AB.jpg

I came home from work tonight and found a Powermatic box on the front porch. Not having ordered anything (lately), I was curious what could be inside? Turns out it is a nice personalized Hudson waxed cotton shop apron, as a thank you for being a loyal customer. Also included was a 15% off coupon from the gear store (not machinery I’m afraid). How nice!

My wife immediately commented ‘how much money have you spent with them anyway?’ Uhhhh......

Wear the apron in the kitchen while you cook dinner for your wife. That oughta do it.

What?! And risk getting a food stain on it? No way!

Reminds me of the old joke "I took my family to Disney and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"! How much do I have to spend to get an apron?
    Anyways that is an extremely nice gesture from PM. More companies should take notice.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Well...you DO have an incredible amount of that mustard yellow in your shop, Robert...the least they could do is provide a matching outfit. On your wife's comments..."be afraid"....be very afraid.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Luckily I’m traveling for the next few weeks. Hopefully she will have forgotten about it by the time I get back. Ah, who am I kidding, I’m done for....

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cherry View Post
    Luckily I’m traveling for the next few weeks. Hopefully she will have forgotten about it by the time I get back. Ah, who am I kidding, I’m done for....
    ROFLOL...yep...yer done for. So....what can we bring home from the NJ show to, um...distract her? Something of a different color?
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    ROFLOL...yep...yer done for. So....what can we bring home from the NJ show to, um...distract her? Something of a different color?
    I've read that GREEN attracts the eyes 10x more than mustard...or Woodpeckers Red.

Nice apron!! Martin Guitar used to send me stuff every now and then, that slowed way down after I got married.
    earl

my first thoughts was just how much have you spent recently. I've blow'd a small bundle in the past year and a half, and nothing. So sir, my hat tip's to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hankins View Post
    my first thoughts was just how much have you spent recently. I've blow'd a small bundle in the past year and a half, and nothing. So sir, my hat tip's to you!
    I dare not put that in writing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    What ever comes home will have to fit In my pocket.

Not fair,I'm crying foul.I have several PM machines and they didn't send me anything.Well maybe cause mine is from the 60's -70's vintage so I don't deserve it But you do and that apron looks sharp,congrats nothing better than getting some for free unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cherry View Post
    What ever comes home will have to fit In my pocket.
    Well, in your travels, stop at Duluth Trading and get some pants with a LOT of pockets!
    --

I spent $30k on a panel saw, I had to twist their Swiss arms for a hat.

Pretty sure I've got enough Italian equipment, Italy owes me at least an older Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post

Pretty sure I've got enough Italian equipment, Italy owes me at least an older Ferrari.
    When I sold my dad's Cadillac last year to the dealer in central Florida, they had a nice 1989 red with tan interior Ferrari out front. 8K miles. $100K price. No warranty.
    --