Thread: Another Maloof joint question

Another Maloof joint question

Is there an ideal size or ratio for the thickness and width of the internal tenon for this joint? Thanks!
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

If you are speaking of the bridle joints in the seat, mine have been 1" mortise/tenon. I do the seat first, thus the tenon would come first, then match up the mortise in the legs to the actual tenon size.

I highly recommend either the Morrison or Brock plans and dvd's. They're a small price to pay for superb documentation.

I agree about the Brock plans and DVD (haven’t seen Morrison’s). The Brock Stool project is a great start without undertaking a bigger project.
    Cheers, Bill Fleming

Thanks for your feedback. I have watched the Brock dvd and it is very informative.

Yet my design is substantially different and still evolving. I am making a Greene and Greene prototype chair that has a sculpted seat. The Maloof type joints are being used although they are modified, like the seats, to a much less contoured appearance.

This is just an experiment that may or may not work. Hopefully, it will turn out sufficiently well to not be put in the fireplace.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!