Thread: A Strip Thickness Sanding Jig

A Strip Thickness Sanding Jig

Recently I made a jig that I can set my belt sander on and sand strips to thickness. And it worked much better than expected. It will sand wood down to the thickness of veneer so that I don't have to buy a large piece of veneer when I only need something small and I can use 'special' pieces of wood that can't be bought as veneer. Which means I may have to try doing some inlays.

I don't have plans because every sander is different. But I did make a video showing it and I think the clever people here could figure it out easily enough. If anyone makes one I would be interested in see pics.

Other projects are found at

http://openwoodshop.com

Thanks,

Paul M

Nice job Paul! Not sure I have much use for that, but I will definitely build the filter cleaner!

Welcome to the Creek Paul!

I made a "mount" for my belt sander too. But your idea is far better refined and more useful than my crude attempt! Thanks for posting it!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Very nice Paul - I like it! I’ll have to check your other videos

Thats really nice. Especially the adjustors for plane depth. Not sure I'll ever have a need for this but I've bookmarked it anyway. Thanks!

Great idea! If 5/16" all thread is used, each 1/4 turn will equal 1/64", half turn equals 1/32", and so on.

Nice. Thanks for posting.

MK

Nice project and perfect for making a few small pcs.if I had a belt sander, I would definitely make one.

Don't most sanders have crowned rollers ?