Thread: Help with project ideas

Help with project ideas

Okay. My wife has a cradle made for her by her father when she was young. We have no real place or use for the cradle now as our three girls are grown. I offered to repurpose the wood from it (pine) to make something else that would be smaller and more functional but still remind her of her fathers original project.

Any ideas?

I have thought of the following

Picture frames (pine is not the best for this)
    Jewelry box (already has a couple that see limited use)
    Shelf (or shelves)

I cannot think of anything else. Thought maybe you guys would have some ideas.

Thanks!

I see no sense or sentimentality in destruction. I would give it to a relative who promises to keep it in the family or use it as a catch all ,Canterbury ,or receptical for unfolded laundry.

Would your girls be interested in using it for their children someday?

If no one in the family wants it, and you repurpose the lumber, could you make doll-sized cradles for your daughters. These are sometimes used as magazine racks, yarn bins, news paper racks, or even as a kindling box if you have a wood burning fire place. Keepsake boxes, tea boxes or jewelry boxes are another good option.

Jason, can you post a picture of the cradle? Knowing what you have to work with might spark a few ideas.