Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sawstop Irony...

Sawstop Irony...

I picked up a 3HP Sawstop PCS over the weekend. I thought I would post the irony of injuring a finger (pulled a tendon) helping load a saw that's meant to save fingers. My fault for trying to improperly muscle around many hundreds of pounds, but thought it too funny not to share having injured a finger before I even got the saw home!

As the owner of a 1973 Unisaw, congrats on the Saw Stop. I am thinking of going the opposite way, I am negotiating on an Oliver 270D industrial table saw.

Blog Entries
    That made me smile. Thanks for sharing it.

Yea, that really is ironic, given it was a SS...but then again, I tend to get boo-boos all over the shop/project and almost none of them are from the tools I'm using. LOL Stuff happens...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I think you should sue the idiot that made a saw that heavy and then ask the gov't to force the entire saw industry to start making them out of styrofoam.

Sorry about your injury, but as a SawStop owner I can assure you that your saw will not hurt you again.

I'd file a lawsuit against Robert for making such claims. I can about guarantee you'll bump into it wrong at some point.

I think the manual recommends three persons to handle the saw. After helping me with my saw assembly, my neighbor (and his dad) quickly asked me to help him with some trimming job the next day! Quite a barter.

I know a pal who moved a PCS down to his basement with just one extra help. But at least, he beefed up the stairs beforehand. (How is he going to move it back up? I have no clues. Some say there are step or ladder(?) machines for that kind of job.)

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 01-29-2018 at 9:35 PM.

Proud to say I moved my 3HP sawstop from my garage to my basement single handedly. Not by strength, but by patience, planning and mechanical advantage. As an added plus, that extra time also prevented injury to my back or fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post
    I think the manual recommends three persons to handle the saw. After helping me with my saw assembly, my neighbor (and his dad) quickly asked me to help him with some trimming job the next day! Quite a barter.

I know a pal who moved a PCS down to his basement with just one extra help. But at least, he beefed up the stairs beforehand. (How is he going to move it back up? I have no clues. Some say there are step or ladder(?) machines for that kind of job.)

Simon
    Piece of cake moving something that small, my shop cat Ellington and I moved a Hammer B3 into my basement one morning.

B3 009.jpgB3 022.jpg

regards, Rod.

That is funny Craig, enjoy your new saw.................Regards, Rod.

Rod, so where is Ellington hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Rod, so where is Ellington hiding?
    Unfortunately Ellington isn't in any of the photographs, however he's more of a dog than a cat, always inspecting and offering his brand of "help". Too many freshly sharpened chisels on the bench? No problem, he's happy to wing them off onto the concrete floor so he has enough room to sit on the bench while I'm working.

When I was winching the machine up the ramp to bring it in the house, he had to stick his head up through the ramp, and got caught. Fortunately it was a come-along so he wasn't injured at all, he just couldn't pull his head back out. Let it down the ramp a couple of clicks and he was out and now investigating on top of the ramp.

Here's a photo of him inspecting machine setup.

Ellington at Work.jpg

regards, Rod.
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 01-30-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Always great to watch an experienced "Rigger" at work...
    Cheers, Bill Fleming

Ellington looks almost identical to one of my former cats, named Desi (yes, I had another one named Lucy). He too, was so friendly as to have been part dog, but hated the noise of power tools and definitely wouldn't tolerate ear muffs.